Discover your 2-Day Mixology
The 2-Day Mixology is an opportunity for talented bartenders or past and present EBS students to introduce themselves to the fascinating world of mixology. You will learn about the origins of bartending, remarkable modern day products, techniques and cocktail recipes used by bartenders today. After your course, you will have a brand new outlook on the craft and will be able to wow your customers with your knowledge and skills.
Each module has been carefully designed to give you an edge over your competitors within the bartending industry. Our outstanding instructors are constantly updating the course curriculum so you can enter the course completely assured that you will be taught the newest and most in demand tricks of the trade.
Where can your 2-Day Mixology take you?
Once you are EBS certified the opportunities for you are endless. Take your skills to a buzzing beach bar in the Barcelona, a sophisticated cocktail bar in Stockholm or a shot bar in Sydney, the choice is yours. Your 2-Day course is your chance to mix things up behind the bar and craft innovative cocktails!
3 Reasons to Book Now
Looking for that boost of bartending knowledge? Look no further, the 2-Day Mixology is for you! Here are three simple reasons to book now:
- Learn brand new, innovative and exciting twists on classic cocktails
- Focus on the history of cocktails and bartending from punch to Tiki!
- Learn to make homemade products and turn great drinks into absolute perfection
Supported by the biggest spirit brands in the industry
A lot of the best spirit brands in the industry have recognised us as the world’s leading bartender school, due to our standard of excellence we instil within our students. We therefore have the backing of some of the biggest names in the industry, which means you will not only receive world-class training but will be dealing with world-class ingredients too.
Dive into your bar course today
Sit back, relax and take a peek into what you can expect on your 2-Day Mixology Course. Are you ready to change your life? Press play…
Course Curriculum - 2-Day Mixology
The Journey of the Bartender – from Past to Present
Learn about the history of the bartender, how the industry and the crafts-men have been changing and developing the profession over the years. In addition, you will discover the importance of ingredients, techniques and equipment in making quality cocktails.
Pre-Prohibition and Prohibition Eras
Prohibition changed society’s position on alcohol and we still feel the effects today. The bar industry changed during this period, many classic drinks were invented in the time leading up to prohibition, you will learn how to make these and taste them! You will learn:
- The industry before, during and after prohibition
- Which cocktails were invented in ‘The Golden Age’
- The history of these cocktails, when they were invented and who invented them
Methods / Techniques and Equipment
Some drinks need to be crafted in certain ways to taste absolutely perfect, one of the most well-known examples of this is James Bond’s famous quote ‘martini shaken not stirred’. We will teach you all the different methods, techniques and types of equipment needed to make drinks, along with the explanations. You will learn:
- Why some drinks are shaken, stirred or rolled
- Which methods are most suitable for different drinks
- Some of the equipment used in the industry’s history and equipment that is used today
- Different mixing techniques
- Different ways to shake a drink, types of shakers, why they affect the cocktails that we drink
- How to stir a drink properly
- Different types of bar spoons and equipment
Cocktail Categories and Families
To fully understand and appreciate a drink you must taste it! Learn about the cocktail categories and families and then get your taste buds tingling with a tasting session!
- Understand the history of these drinks, when they were invented, recipes, typical ingredients, equipment used to make them etc
- Innovative twists on classic drinks designed by Johannes Kinch and Marian Beke.
- Taste drinks
– Cocktails from a certain drink family / category such as a cobbler, a fizz, a sour, a flip and many more.
Product and Ingredient Master Class
To know what is actually going inside the cocktail, you need to understand how it came to be. Learn about:
- The origin of certain products
- How certain products change entire drinks
- The ingredients of these products
- Some homemade products
Now you can put your homemade knowledge into practice by making some of these exciting ingredients from scratch. This is how you will become more knowledgeable, we want to give you hands-on training
- Create your own products such as purées, foams, syrups and cordials etc
- Understand the quality of a cocktail
- Learn the importance of the appearance of cocktails
Your skills will be put to the test, as you will be given a Mystery Box filled with different ingredients, requiring you to be imaginative and conjure up a well-balanced cocktail! The Mystery Box is an enjoyable challenge for everyone, it requires you to think on your feet and use all of your cocktail knowledge.
Your 2-Day Mixology school destinations:
Why not do your 2-Day Mixology in bustling Barcelona? Or, how does awesome Amsterdam sound? Or, maybe phenomenal Phuket? We’ve got the perfect location for you!
Supported by the biggest spirit brands in the industry
A lot of the best spirit brands in the industry have recognised us as the world’s leading bartender school, due to our standard of excellence we instill within our students. Therefore, we have the backing of some of the biggest names in the industry, which means you will not only receive first-class training but will be dealing with world-class ingredients too.
Get Access To Your Free Brochure Now
Your brochure covers everything you need to know about your 2-Day Mixology. Click below to view your brochure online and begin your mixology journey with EBS!
25+ Course Destinations
We have 25 schools all over the world for you to choose from, all offering you the highest standard of training. Depending on the location, you will enjoy a huge variety of free time activities, all organised for you by the school.Check out our schools
Start your course now
Join over 50,000 successful graduates who have completed the EBS bartending course and gain skills that are internationally recognised. We offer you flexible payment forms, support from EBS Care, and different options for accommodation during your studies.
Get involved with EBS Life before you start your course. Catch up with our latest blogs, school news and industry trends right here. Enjoy!
How to become a bartender
In order for you to become a bartender, you’ll need to take a bartending course, choose where you want to work, make your CV shine, and get climbing the bartending...Read More